Plan Level Services
We are passionate about helping you feel confident with your plan. To accomplish this (and to reduce the amount of work you have to do), we offer a number of plan level services designed to help you manage your fiduciary liability, optimize company retirement plan contributions to pursue objectives, and evaluate your plan service providers.
- Plan Governance & Fiduciary Liability
Liability is a large concern for many business owners. We aim to provide our clients with confidence knowing that we stand firmly beside every employer we work with, serving as 3(21) co-fiduciaries or 3(38) investment fiduciaries to help keep your plan compliant with the ever-changing regulations and to monitor your plan’s investment options. We assist clients with:
- Investment Committee development and best practices
- Investment Policy Statement (IPS) development
- Investment selection and monitoring according to the IPS
- ERISA 3(21) Co-Fiduciary or 3(38) Investment Management Fiduciary services
- Contribution Optimization
We can help you optimize the use of your company contributions to pursue company objectives (such as more employee participation or higher allowable contributions for owners and management). This is done by helping you determine how to best use:
- Matching contributions
- Safe Harbor contributions
- Cross Tested Profit Sharing contributions
- Cash Balance Pension Plan contributions
- Supplemental, Nonqualified Deferred Compensation
You should know and be comfortable with what you are paying for the cost of the investments, recordkeeping, and administration of your plan. To determine the competitiveness of your plan and other available options, we provide due diligence market analysis and independent cost benchmarking on a regular basis. By doing so, we can leverage a potential cost reduction for you from your service providers.